Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Great Barnacle Banquet

I loaded the whole gang and we went over to visit Gail and Bill Thompson on the bay. Oz, Sizzle and Darla had all been there before, but this was a great adventure to the younger ones: Guy, Magic and Prize. The Tompson's RR, Kona, has recently passed away, so they were in need of a ridgeback fix!


There's a nice sandy beach in front of the house, but the dogs were busy ripping around full tilt and when they came back to the beach, they didn't expect such a big drop.

They soon conquered that and enjoy an ear rub by Bill on the low end of the bulkhead.

After romping hard, they made for the water. Sizzle, that water is salty!

Darla stalks a water monster.... an odd shaped piece of driftwood that she eventually decided was okay and picked it up.

Magic was in a stalking mode, too.

A group wade...the younger ones weren't sure about all this water, but Mama Sizzle is quite the swimmer, so they went with her.

Whoopee! That water's making Guy lively!

Then they all discovered barnacles. Must be tasty, too, because they were gnawing away at them.

Ah, crunchy seafood..,,,,,

...and a salt lick to boot! Except for the lingering "barnacle breath", they are all sacked out after the great adventure.

4 comments:

Donna October 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM  

Great, fun photos! I love the one of Guy 'dancing' in the water. And I have to admit I think it might be an interesting photo so see all these big dogs in your car! Must be quite a ride.

Two Barking Dogs October 2, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

I love your dogs! The driftwood photo is my fave .. I can just see my dogs trying to figure out if they were being attacked by a monster!

my blog is at www.twobarkingdogs.wordpress.com

couldn't link to it because you are set for comments from blogger only. oops!

Gattina October 2, 2011 at 10:01 AM  

I looks as if they had a lot of fun !

Betty Manousos October 2, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

what fun!
loved all of those photos.
they are really brilliant!

beautiful dogs! can't stop looking at them.
i'm a dog person you know.

betty
visiting via CC.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Originally, this was a place to tell you my news. Then I got a new camera and it became a way to see how we live here at Kalahari Rhodesian Ridgebacks - the fun things, the everyday things and even the humdrum things.

It's just home. I'm glad you stopped by and come again!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP